The basic aim of our association is to federate all literary places and heritages: writers’ houses, biographical, history or art museums with literary collections, libraries, literary study and research centers.
What is the « Fédération des maisons d’écrivain et des patrimoines littéraires »?
«The purpose of the Federation is to suggest and implement activities which aim at maintaining, protecting and developing the cultural influence of writers’ houses, literary places or collections, whether state-owned or private, linked to writers and written works of famous persons of all cultural backgrounds. Its job namely consists in:
- collecting and spreading information related to literary places and collections,
- implementing research and study activities about literary places, works or people,
- organizing cultural events and training activities,
- promoting exchange and cooperation between members,
- representing members in negotiations with public authorities and other associations, even worldwide. »
Extract from the statutes
(see our statutes (in French only), in PDF available)
Directory of members